Bernheim and Schwartz
Founded in 1903 at 128th & Amsterdam Avenue, Bernheimer & Schwartz was one of 30 breweries in Manhattan prior to the Prohibition. Original Partner & President Anton Schwartz gained national reputation as a Brewmaster and purchased the Betz Manhattan Brewery with the Bernheimer Brothers, Simon & Max Bernheimer.
Bernheim & Schwartz Hall & Restaurant and its design are a tribute to Bernheimer & Schwartz and the history of brewing in Manhattan. We may have shortened the name, but the spirit lives on.
Our restaurant is owned and operated by the Blue Stein Group, which is 100% employee-owned.